Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tap's Blue Moon Tasting, round 2 ...

TeamHopHeads David Rigdon had mentioned during the Blue Moon tasting at Taps Bar & Grill in Fleming Island on Monday, March 5 that there would be another one at Taps in St. Johns the following Monday, March 12.

I hadn't figured I would go since companion was out of town, but Springfield Brew Crew Marc Wisdom and Kristi kindly offered to tote me down there for the tasting.

It was my first visit to this establishment and I noticed it was noticeably smaller than the one in Fleming Island and had fewer taps – I also did not notice any tables equipped with the table-top taps. However, the place was very nice and the service was quite friendly and professional.

I had planned to order Blue Moon's Dark Chocolate Bacon Porter which I had voted as my favorite the previous week.  Blue Moon describes this nectar: “This deep-mahogany colored ale is brewed with hickory-smoked bacon and dark chocolate for a slightly sweet yet savory taste.” … most definite yummers …

Mile Marker 82 Islamorada IPA
However, I noticed they had Mile Marker Brewery's Mile Marker 82 Islamorada IPA on tap that evening! … WooHoo! … as close as I have found Mile Marker's brews to my house! … of course, I ordered that and a bowl of Taps's delicious chili.
 Mile Marker describes their Mile Marker 82 Islamorada IPA: “ Featuring Centennial & Sterling hops, Mile Marker 82 has lots of hop flavor and aroma but is easy on the bitterness. An IPA perfectly suited for Florida weather. Offers floral and citrus notes. Perfect for the first-time IPA'er or seasoned connoisseur.”

Although not as busy as the Fleming Island location was the previous Monday evening, Taps in St. Johns is a great place to visit – especially if you are in that neck of the woods.

Thanks to TeamHopHeads and Taps in St. Johns for a wonderful experience and to Marc and Kristi for the ride!
                                                                                          


To view more pics, visit the link below ...

No comments:

Post a Comment